Coming soon: Specialist Disability Accommodation. Contact us for more information.
What is NDIS Home Modifications?
Home modifications are changes to the structure, layout or fittings of a NDIS Participant’s home so they safely access it and move around comfortably in areas frequently used. The NDIS requires a Building Work Project Manager when modifications exceed $30,000.
Greg has been employed in the NT building sector for 40 years, and is an experienced Project Manager. This combined with his specialty qualification as an Access Consultant, and a being a registered NDIS provider will ensure delivery of project outcomes that will meet Australian Standards for access and mobility, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1992, and most importantly, the Participant’s access needs.
How do you apply for NDIS Home Modifications?
An Occupational Therapist undertakes an assessment of the Participant’s needs to confirm the requirement for the modifications, which is provided to the NDIS for approval. Once approved, AccessAble Living Solutions can be engaged by the Participant, Occupational Therapist or the disability provider as the Building Work Project Manager. AccessAble Living Solutions will provide a quote for this service to the NDIS for approval.
How can AccessAble Living Solutions help?
AccessAble Living Solutions will arrange for an Architect to design modifications to the Participant’s home, and will work closely with the Participant and their family, the Occupational Therapist and the disability provider on the design elements, and ensure these meets the Participant’s needs.
Once the design is agreed, AccessAble Living Solutions will obtain quotes from two builders, and provide these along with a recommendation of the Builder to the NDIS for approval.
As the Building Work Project Manager, Greg will work closely with the building team, and will provide information about the build to the Participant, their family, the Occupational Therapist and the disability provider throughout the process. Greg will also ensure all end of building works processes are completed. This includes providing the Certificate of Occupancy and the Section 40 to the Building Board. If requested, Greg can provide the As Constructed Drawings to the home owner.
Where can Access Able Living Solutions deliver NDIS Home Modifications?
AccessAble Living Solutions can provide services anywhere in the Northern Territory.
What are some examples of NDIS Home Modifications?
Complex home modifications could relate to the dwelling entrance, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, internal dwelling access, home automation, and modification to a new home. Any modification required, as assessed by the Occupational Therapist, will require approval by the NDIS.
Where can I get more information?
More information on NDIS Home Modifications can be found on the NDIA Website: Home Modifications Explained
Get in touch
Information for Participants: Steps to achieving modifications to your home
- Let your disability provider know you would like to have your needs assessed in your home to be able to safely access it and move around comfortably in areas you frequently use
- Your provider will arrange for an Occupational Therapist to undertake an assessment of your needs
- Once approved by the NDIS, you and your provider can choose AccessAble Living Solutions as the Building Work Project Manager
- We engage an architect to design modifications to your home, and work with you and your family or guardian, your Occupational Therapist and disability provider on the design
- We will work closely with the building team to ensure accessibility requirements are met
- We will finalise all end of building work processes such as providing the Certificate of Occupancy and Section 40 to the Building Board
- You will then enjoy greater comfort and accessibility through your home modification, which has been managed by AccessAble Living Solutions